Today is a day totally dedicated to the past and in fact, I am going to prepare the delicious vegan tiramisu, inspired by the notes of one of the songs of The Cranberries: a band that has accompanied much of my adolescence and which inspired my soul.
Unfortunately, Dolores O’ Riordan, the 46-year-old singer of Cranberries, suddenly died a few days ago, while she was recording new songs in London. Her beautiful unmistakable voice was a symbol of hope and dreams for all of us. She left an indelible mark in the hearts of many people.
I used to prepare tiramisu when I was a young little girl. Today I tried to make an alternative and totally vegan recipe that could be as close as possible to the original flavor. Vegan tiramisu is prepared with an incredible cream of coconut milk and biscuits soaked in coffee with a sprinkling of cocoa.
And among the memories of bygone days and the notes of The Cranberries’ beautiful songs, I wish you to enjoy this delicacy!
Prep 20 mins | Cook 0 | Total 20 mins | Serves 2
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3 tea spoons agave syrup
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 20 g bitter chocolate powder
- 200 ml coffee
- Some vegan biscuits
* Use coconut milk in a can with a percentage of fats higher than 15% (15 g of fat per 100 g of product). You can find information about fat percentage on the product packaging. Otherwise, you will not get the desired result because the percentage of water will be too much and the percentage of milk too low.
- Store the cans of coconut milk for at least one day in the fridge, so that they are quite cold.
- Just before starting the preparation of the cream, let cool a steel bowl in the freezer.
- Let the bowl cool down, then place the coconut milk, avoiding to pour water and only using the solid part.
- With an electric mixer, beat the milk, you obtain a smooth and soft cream. (Please note: do not beat it too much, otherwise it will tend to deflate).
- Add the syrup, the vanilla extract and mix.
- Store the cream in the fridge, until you use it.
- Meanwhile, pour the coffee into a bowl and start soaking the biscuits that you will use as pastry for the vegan tiramisu, or crumble them. (Caution: do not soak too long the biscuits in the coffee, otherwise they will soften too much).
- Place the biscuits on the bottom of glass dessert containers.
- Sprinkle some chips of biscuit on the sides of the containers and leave an empty space in the middle of each for the cream.
- Cover the biscuits with some cream.
- Make the surface uniform and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Serve it.
- Store it in the fridge for a couple of hours to make the dessert more uniform.
- Add some chips of dark chocolate on the tiramisu to make it a real irresistible delicacy!