Sugar-Free Rosmary and Lemon Muffin
Spices are a very important element in the kitchen, because they give intensity and flavour to food. They can even completely modify tasteless dishes. In my kitchen, in fact, I have built a small shelf which I filled with jars of different spices that are full of colors, smells and goodness.
For today’s recipe I decided to use a spice which is full of many benefits: the rosemary. This herb is good for the brain, it has a flavour that reduces stress and improves mood, it contrasts halitosis, it keeps skin younger and protects the liver. Many people use this ingredient only for salty preparations. To tell the truth, it is also perfect for sweet dishes, as in the case of these soft and fragrant muffins, with a special and inviting flavor.
Let’s do aromatherapy while cooking!
Altenative Pesto | Summer recipe
The noise from the pages of a novel that joins the rippling of the waves, the Sun on my skin, the sand under my feet and the freshness of the water, which removes any negative vibes: if you are free today, I advise you to reach the nearest beach!
A day at the beach is not just a way to relax, but an opportunity to enjoy all the benefits that this place hides.
The benefits of the Sea
It is well known that sunbathing reduces depression and bad mood; however it does not only improve mood: sunlight stimulates vitamin D synthesis and it is essential for the growth and health of bones, hair and skin.
Salt water contains many minerals with antibacterial properties, which can be absorbed by human bodies through an immersion in the water. Mineral salt also stimulates and contrasts blood circulation and fluid retention. In addition, sea water eliminates skin impurities due to its salt and makes it smooth and shiny. The sand can be used as an exfoliating and the sea air helps breathing.
The sea improves physical shape: go for long walks to lose weight and tone up the muscles. The Sea has also a draining effect, it enhances relaxation and wellness: the ocean is a free spa, that maybe you have always underestimated.
I’m super busy with my job and, at the right time, the beach is only a mirage. To enjoy what is my desire, though, I’m going to enjoy a fresh and flavorful dinner. I will combine toasted pine nuts, arugula, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, for a creamy, versatile and fragrant pesto sauce: prepare it for your snacks at the seaside!
- 100 g Rocket
- 100 g Basil
- 20 g Macadamia nuts
- 20 g Brazilian nuts
- 30 g pine nuts
- 70 ml extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt.
- In a baking pan, toast pine nuts, and often shake the pan, until they become brown and leave to cool.
- With a kitchen mixer whisk the garlic, pine nuts and walnuts.
- Add rocket and basil (wash it before), a little oil and blend them together.
- Continue to mix arugula leaves and basil until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
- Add salt to taste
- Blend the pesto quickly to avoid overheating and basil turns black for the heat. (you can also add some ice, to avoid it).
- If you do not have to consume pesto immediately, put it in a jar and cover with the olive oil to preserve.
- This pesto is excellent for seasoning a pasta with cherry tomatoes.