Today is a day totally dedicated to the past and in fact, I am going to prepare the delicious vegan tiramisu, inspired by the notes of one of the songs of The Cranberries: a band that has accompanied much of my adolescence and which inspired my soul.
Unfortunately, Dolores O’ Riordan, the 46-year-old singer of Cranberries, suddenly died a few days ago, while she was recording new songs in London. Her beautiful unmistakable voice was a symbol of hope and dreams for all of us. She left an indelible mark in the hearts of many people.
I used to prepare tiramisu when I was a young little girl. Today I tried to make an alternative and totally vegan recipe that could be as close as possible to the original flavor. Vegan tiramisu is prepared with an incredible cream of coconut milk and biscuits soaked in coffee with a sprinkling of cocoa.
Sugar-Free Rosmary and Lemon Muffin
Spices are a very important element in the kitchen, because they give intensity and flavour to food. They can even completely modify tasteless dishes. In my kitchen, in fact, I have built a small shelf which I filled with jars of different spices that are full of colors, smells and goodness.
For today’s recipe I decided to use a spice which is full of many benefits: the rosemary. This herb is good for the brain, it has a flavour that reduces stress and improves mood, it contrasts halitosis, it keeps skin younger and protects the liver. Many people use this ingredient only for salty preparations. To tell the truth, it is also perfect for sweet dishes, as in the case of these soft and fragrant muffins, with a special and inviting flavor.
Let’s do aromatherapy while cooking!
Chocolate mousse (only two ingredients)
Did you ever happen to enter in a store to buy groceries and can’t resist to the tempting power of chocolate? I try many times to run away, but then unexplainably I find myself in front of shelves and despite I repeat myself “Not this time, I’ll be stronger than you”, in a flash, I am at the check-out with a nasty smell and the desire to devour it.
How many qualities, how many benefits and how much power is hidden in a small brown barrel of chocolate, which is able to captivate your taste buds and your mind? It may seem an exaggeration, but scientific studies have shown that a piece of chocolate that is melting in your mouth is much more exciting than a passionate kiss: the heart speeds up, the brain receives intense stimulation and the body is invaded by a gentle sensation of pleasure. Of course, as I have already said in the past, you should prefer the dark chocolate to enjoy all the properties of this product.
Instead, among my favorite vegan chocolate brand there is Vegò, which is an organic, gluten fre and full of nuts chocolate: it is really tasty!
Chocolate is a very versatile ingredient too, and can have many textures. Today, I really wanted something fluffy and soft: a tasty mousse, made with only two ingredients, do you believe it?
The recipe for 4-5 people:
- 200 g chocolate (preferably 70%);
- 250 ml room temperature water (+ just enough water);
- Just enough ice.
- Roughly chop chocolate. (You can also chop it with your hands);
- In a pot put the chocolate and melt it with bain-marie method;
- As soon as the chocolate has completely melted, remove from the heat;
- Add 250 ml of water all at once and mix quickly with a whisk (not electric);
- Take a clean bowl and fill it with 2/4 water and ice cubes
- Pour the chocolate in another smaller bowl;
- Put the bowl with the chocolate in the bowl with the ice;
- Whip the mixture with an electric whisk, until it reaches the consistency of a mousse;
- Let it rest in the fridge at least for one hour.
- The mixture won’t whip right away, so don’t panic if nothing happens at first. After a few minutes it will certainly start to turn into mousse;
- As soon as you have reached the desired consistency, turn off the whisks. If you whip the mixture too much, you risk to turn the chocolate into butter and ruin the texture and flavor!
- If you can wait and you don’t have to eat the mousse, I advise you to leave it in the fridge as long as possible. I have eaten both after a couple of hours, that the next morning: the day after was much more good!