Do we really need to get rid of chocolate from your diet? Absolutely not. What should be avoided is the content of sugars and fats, but it not easy to give up with chocolate: just pick the dark chocolate, preferably the one that contains minimum 70% cocoa.
In fact, cocoa is the ingredient that makes beneficial in properties: it is good for your skin, it keeps attention alive, it can prevent diabetes and heart disease, it stimulates the release of endorphins and thus enhances one’s mood.
If melted or serve hot and dense it can combat the cold. Or, if crunchy and overwhelming, that melts on the tip of the tongue, it could help fighting against the heat.
Today, I am going to use chocolate to prepare Brownies: If you don’t want to give up with pleasure, you just need to make healthy choices!
Ingredients for 20 brownies:
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 100 g agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 bag baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Zest of half orange
- 200 ml water
- 100 ml seed oil
- 100 g walnuts
- 150 g of Vegan chocolate
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda;
- Mix in another bowl, water, oil, agave syrup and vanilla;
- Slowly pour all liquid ingredients in the first bowl, stirring until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous;
- Cut chocolate chips and mince walnuts;
- Add to the mixture chocolate and walnuts;
- Add orange zest, try to incorporate it well into the mixture;
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular baking pan;
- Bake in preheated oven at 180° for about 30 minutes.
- Let it cool and cut into pieces
- You can add chopped walnuts also on the surface of the cake, before put it in the oven.
- You can serve it with vegan spray cream and fresh fruit, your guests will be astonished.