The warm season is almost here so the time has come to turn to particularly refreshing and simple recipes, such as the Ice cream sandwich cookies, are the tastiest Summer and spring recipes, especially in this case, because we are talking about completely raw cookies, therefore perfect for hot days, and prepared with healthy ingredients such as peanut butter (with powerful anti-oxidant qualities and rich in vitamin B3, Read More
Tztatziki Sauce | Vegan recipe
Yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, lemon and mint. What’s better on a hot day like this? A few ingredients for a simple fresh and quick sauce typical of Greek tradition: the tztatziki.
I often prepare this recipe, especially during the summer. It is very versatile and I love to combine it with falafel, to use it as a dressing for salads or just to enjoy on a slice of bread or spread on a pita.
This sauce is perfect as an appetizer or a snack. Its vegan version is much more appreciated and it keeps the same creamy texture and taste than the original. Moreover, between the basic ingredients of tztatziki sauce, there are cucumbers, as everyone knows, vegetables rich in beneficial properties. In fact, the cucumber is one of the plants with the highest content of water, rich in vitamins and minerals, useful for skin hydration and detoxification.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 g natural soy yogurt;
- 4 cucumbers;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- Lemon juice;
- Just enough salt;
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves;
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- Shave and grate the cucumbers with a large hole grater and put the pulp into a colander, pressing it down with a spoon, to eliminate water. (I prefer to set aside some chunks of diced cucumbers and leave them whole in the sauce);
- Finely chop garlic and add it to the yogurt, along with some lemon juice, salt and olive oil;
- Add to the mixture the cucumbers and finely chopped mint leaves;
- Serve cold.
If you don’t appreciate the strong garlic flavour, you can halve the cloves, leave them to rest for half an hour in the yogurt and then remove them from it.
Chickpea and vegetables curry |Vegan Recipe
This very easy and cheap recipe tastes absolutely amazing and is super vegan! The strong and intense taste of curry together with the softness of chickpeas mixed with vegetables, intensity the basmati rice flavour which is a thousand taste sensation! It is definitely an alternative dish you have to try!
Ingredients for 4/5 people:
– 250 g cooked chickpeas;
– 2500 g Hokkaido bio pumpkin (deseed);
– 250 g savoy cabbage;
– ½ onion;
– 1 garlic clove, crushed;
– 1 tea spoon fresh, root ginger, grated or ½ tea spoon of powdered ginger;
– Sesame or peanut oil;
– 200 ml coconut milk;
– 1 spoon peanut butter;
– 1 spoon mixed Indian spices “garam masala”
– 1 tea spoon turmeric;
– 1 tea spoon dried coriander;
– Some curry leaves (optional);
– Just enough salt.
WHERE TO FIND INGREDIENTS:
This clever everyday recipe has the purpose to be affordable to anyone who would like to try an alternative dish, such as Indian curry. For this reason, all the ingredients are easy and smart to find: try at your local supermarket or even in small Indian shops.
HOW TO PREPARE CURRY:
- Peel off Hokkaido pumpkin and chop it finely.
- Wash up the savoy cabbage and cut it into stripes.
- Add crushed garlic clove and onion. Then put them in a frying pan and slightly brown them together with garam masala, add some water, the turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Cook for few minutes.
- Put chopped pumpkin in a pot and add some water. Then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the savoy cabbage with some salt, pour coconut milk and stir it. Put the lid on the pan lower the heat and occasionally stir it for about 20 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas into the pan with peanut butter to make a thick sauce.
- Serve with basmati rice.
You can use potatoes or spinach instead of pumpkin.
This recipe is very healthy and filling: it is perfect for everyday or weekend dinner and you can enjoy it sipping a glass of good white or red wine.