Yeast-Free, Spelt Pizza
Warmth scent of wheat and fire, crisp crust and soft bread crumbles: it is common to find baked products at everybody’s table.
No one would never give up the taste of a warm loaf, bought by the wood oven bakery in front of your house, but you should be aware that the yeast is damaging to your bodies. Bloating, indigestion, weakness: they are some of the symptoms that can be caused by such food. In fact, the yeast weakens the intestinal flora, avoiding the proper absorption of nutrients, which are numerous in food and increases the risk of infections (such as yeast infection or candida).
The same is for refined flours, obtained by industrial milling process. In this way, we consume a long-life product, rich in sugar, which removes all the nutrients of the grain of wheat (germ and bran).
It would be fair to avoid these products, or even delete them from everybody’s diet. Nowadays, it’s easy to find alternative flours and yeast free recipes. For tonight’s dinner, for example, you could try a spelt pizza without yeast and fresh vegetables.
Let’s take care of ourselves!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 g spelt flour;
- 300 ml warm water;
- 3 tea spoons of extra virgin olive oil;
- 2 tea spoons of baking soda;
- A pinch of salt;
- 2 courgettes – roundly cut;
- 2 carrot- roughly cut;
- 200 g mushrooms –cut in 4 parts;
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped;
- Just enough rosemary.
- On a baking pan covered with baking paper, place the chopped vegetables, spread garlic, onion, fresh rosemary, pepper, a tablespoon of olive oil, 2 pinches of salt and mix;
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 180°;
- Pour warm water into a bowl, baking soda, 2 pinches of salt and stir;
- Add the flour and start kneading. Turn the dough on a lightly floured surface, add a tablespoon of oil and knead for at least 10 minutes;
- Create a dough ball and put it to rise into a large bowl in a dry place for 20 minutes;
- Divide the dough into smaller balls and with the help of a rolling pin, stretch out them;
- Put the pizza base into a lightly oiled baking paper;
- Bake for 15 minutes in the oven at 180°;
- Stuff pizza with grilled vegetables which you can previously cooked.
- If you want a taste alike pizza you can use instead of vegetables, tomato and vegan mozzarella cheese;
- This pizza base is great as starter, and it is delicious if stuffed with fresh and mixed salad.