Rice Chocolate Pudding – Vegan Recipes
It has ever happened to have a desire to make a dessert suddenly, going to open the cupboard and realizing that you do not have any flour for giving it up? This happens when you have a narrow view of what you can eat and little creative spirit. To tell the truth, a dessert can be prepared from the most unlikely ingredients and not only, as many believe, by combining some sugar, milk, eggs and flour.
For example, today I have prepared a more than usual delicious snack: a dense and soft rice chocolate pudding cooked in vegetable milk and flavored with lemon zest and vanilla extract. It is an easy and quick totally vegan recipe, which contains as a main ingredient a cereal that you could hardly have imagined to be put in a dessert.
Try it now and you will love it from its first taste!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 50 g rice (for pudding)
- ½ lemon
- 125 ml rice milk
- 235 ml coconut milk
- 60 agave syrup
- 1 table spoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- In a pot slightly heat up some rice milk.
- Add the rice wheats and mix.
- Add grated lemon peel and bring let it boil.
- As soon as it boils, lower the heat and let it cook for about 20 minutes covered with lid.
- At this point, remove the lemon zest with the help of a spoon.
- Pour the coconut milk and let it bake until the rice has absorbed all liquid by stirring it regularly.
- Add the agave syrup, a pinch of salt, and mix all well to make the mixture more homogeneous. (Note: the rice must be dense and creamy, so let it cook until you have obtained the desired consistency, regularly stirring it).
- Separate rice into two parts: in one of these, add an unsweetened cocoa powder spoon and mix until it turns brown. (Attention: add more cocoa if you prefer).
- Pour the pudding into two glasses making two layers: one layer of white rice and the other of cocoa rice.
- Serve it with the stuffing you prefer
- I usually use for this recipe a special type of rice for pudding, but you can also use other types including “arborio” type rice.
- Stuff it with fresh seasonal fruits and nuts.
- It’s great either warm or cold.