The warm season is almost here so the time has come to turn to particularly refreshing and simple recipes, such as the Ice cream sandwich cookies, are the tastiest Summer and spring recipes, especially in this case, because we are talking about completely raw cookies, therefore perfect for hot days, and prepared with healthy ingredients such as peanut butter (with powerful anti-oxidant qualities and rich in vitamin B3, which can prevent issues such as Alzheimer) and oat flakes (which can lower bad cholesterol and are rich in beta-glucans, which strengthen the immune system).
Furthermore, the Ice cream recipe I bring to you is as unadulterated as it can get, because it includes only fresh fruit and can be prepared in just 5 minutes. That being said, not only love and practice, but also the use of quality instruments is important in the kitchen, and indeed my new professional blender was crucial for the preparation of this recipe, given that it can easily work with frozen products and blend ingredients together.
This recipe is most definitely one of the secrets for an unforgettable Summer!
Prep 20 mins | Cook 0 min | Total 20 mins | Serves 4-5
For the Cookies
125 g of peanut butter
150 g of oats flakes
80 ml of maple or agave syrup
Approx. 50 g of almond flour
Small pieces of dark chocolate as needed
For the Gelato
20 g of raw cocoa powder
- Peel and freeze bananas for 2 hours maximum. (it’s important not to let them freeze for too long, otherwise it will be hard to blend them)
- In the meantime, put the peanut butter and maple syrup in a small bowl, stir well to obtain a creamy and homogenous mix, then add the almond flour, the oats flakes, and the dark chocolate, until you obtain a dense mix that can be worked by hand, finally keep the mix in the fridge for at least 2 hours to make it fully solid. (if it’s still hard to give it a shape, add more flour as needed to achieve the desired result.)
- After the time as passed, take the mix and split it in about 8-10 small balls, flatten each ball with your hands or with the help of a cup, such that you will obtain small dough disks of your preferred size, then let them rest in the fridge for another 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, get the bananas from the fridge and split them in three parts: blend one part with the strawberries, one part with the cocoa powder, and the third by itself, until you get a dense and creamy gelato of three different flavors. (if your blender is not very powerful, you can add some plant-based milk to make easy the process).
- As this point, with a scoop spatula, fill the cookies: place the gelato between two cookies, such as to create a filled sandwich, and repeat until you use up all the ingredients.
- Serve right away.
- You can add some natural sweetener to the gelato, in order to make it sweeter.
- If the ice cream turns out not to be dense, it will be sufficient to put it back in the freezer for about 30 minutes.