The omelette with a soft cheese filling is a totally vegan and incredibly tasty recipe, which can be a valid answer to those who ask how it is possible to follow a satisfactory diet and, at the same time, free of animal derivatives. This recipe is one of those able to win over anyone, even the most suspicious connoisseurs and I love to prepare it when I have non-vegan guests, in order to watch their curiosity, their amazement and their satisfaction, after having eaten such a simple omelette, with its irresistible centre flowing with cheese, the delicate flavour and the inviting scent.
Moreover, this recipe is also rich in healthy ingredients: spinach, which contains folic acid and vitamin C, able to strengthen the immune system; radicchio, which has purifying and digestive properties; chickpea flour and pea flour, which are energetic, rich in fibre and contain vegetable proteins.
In short, vegan cooking can always be unforgettable, try it to believe!
Prep 10 mins | Cook 23 mins | Total 33 mins | Portion 6
- Approx. 550 ml of water
- 250 g of peas flour
- 50 g of Chickpea Flour
- About 100 g of spinach
- 40 g of Radicchio
- 1 Medium-sized, boiled and peeled potato
- 1 Leek
- 3 tablespoons Evo oil + enough for cooking
- Vegan sliced cheese as required
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Salt as needed
- Rosemary as needed.
- In a pan, heat a little oil and add the sliced potatoes, leek, radicchio and coarsely chopped spinach and sauté for 5 minutes, then add salt as you please and set aside.
- In a bowl, place the pea flour, chickpea flour, pepper, rosemary and salt as needed, then mix in the water and 3 tablespoons of oil, begin to stir and avoid forming lumps, until you get a smooth and dense batter. (If it is too solid, add more water and otherwise more flour).
- In a non-stick pan, heat a drizzle of oil and pour half of the amount of batter obtained. Then, quickly, add the vegetables prepared previously, and the slices of cheese, finally, cover it with the remaining batter (in this way, you will get an omelette with a filling of cheese and vegetables in the center).
- Leave to cook over low heat with a lid for about 8-9 minutes, check that the base is golden and the top semi-solid and flip with the help of a plate. Cook the other side for 8-9 minutes and then serve.