A creamy vegan cheesecake is the most pleasant way to show your love to themselves and the others and to remind the spring smell during the cold season. I prepared this recipe for a person I really care for, so I wanted to make our day special.
The main ingredient to achieve a perfect dessert is surely love. This cheesecake looks the tastiest thing in the world, just because I made it with love and a chocolate topping which makes everything tastier.
Prep 15 mins | Cook 15 mins | Total 30 mins | Seves 6-8
For the base
- 110 g vegan cookies
- 45 ml melted coconut butter
- 3-4 Medjoul dates
For the stuffing
- 440 g spreadable cheese (Vialife)
- 190 ml plant based milk
- 125 g coconut sugar
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tea spoon agar-agar
Per il Topping
- 150 g bitter chocolate
- ½ lemon zest
- With the help of a food processor, finely chop up cookies and the dates to reduce them to a pulp.
- Add the melted coconut butter and stir until you get an easy to shape mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a baking pan covered with baking paper, spreading it well, then let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. (I used a round 18 cm diameter baking pan)
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the cheese with some sugar and lemon juice, then stir all well.
- Heat the cheese in a double boiler for about 5 minutes or until it gets warmer.
- In a saucepan, pour the milk and the agar-agar syrup, stir for about 6-7 minutes.
- Combine cheese and milk, stir all the ingredients together and then put it on the cake base.
- Make it rest in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Pour the chocolate over the surface of the cake, then let it rest in the refrigerator for 3 hours or more.
- Garnish the surface with grated lemon zest, then serve.
- You can garnish with fresh seasonal fruit.
- You can replace coconut sugar with another sugar
- You can replace the layer of chocolate with strawberry jam.