Delicious Orange Cream |Vegan Recipe
The alarm clock rings at seven, as usual and I am having breakfast with orange juice, coffee and some biscuits. Suddenly I give a fleeting glance out my window while pampering my sweetie cat, Noir.
It’s a nice day, one of those that makes you wish were somewhere else, among the sea, the mountains, and the Nature. I am very busy in these days, full of news and expectations. The Sun fills my soul with emotions while I am walking to Dalston, a buzzing green area, a heart that beats. It is not a holiday attraction therefore I suggest you to spend some free time in this location.
Here, there is an open-air fruit and vegetables market that I really love. It is located right next to the small Poundland and Kingslandstation in Dalston. Products are daily cheaply sold among people who are speaking loudly, singing and smiling. I completely recharge myself with good vibes & positive energy.
I will to buy the required ingredients for this kind of dessert that I am going to prepare: orange cream, covered with toasted hazelnuts and fresh fruits. A mix of flavours that will bring you the zest of Summer flavours in your taste buds!
Ingredients for 2-3 people:
- 230 ml freshly squeezed orange juice;
- 10 g potato starch;
- 50 g raw cane sugar;
- 5 g liquid bio vanilla;
- Some strawberries;
- Toasted and finely minced hazelnuts.
- Pour into a sauce pan (fire must be off) sugar and potato starch. Stir and mix well all;
- Place the sauce pan over a medium heat, then pour orange juice. Don’t stop stirring to avoid lumps;
- Add vanilla and simmer until cream has thickened;
- Cover it with plastic wrap and let it cool;
- Stuff cream with toasted hazelnuts and strawberries.
- This cream is excellent for filling cakes and pies;
- You can use maple or agave syrup instead of sugar;
- It is a great snack for children and even adults, a healthy dessert, they are simple enough for anyone to make!