This delicious chocolate and beetroot cake is the proof that sweetness comes in every way. You don’t need any butter, eggs, or cow’s milk to get a dessert that is worthy to be called like this. If everyone will realise, you would debunk the prejudice that the most delicious food will get you fat, because by choosing the right ingredients you can only get healthy food.
For example, to get a cake with detoxifying properties, full of energy and which is able to improve mood, you just have to prepare a beetroot-based one. Beetroot is a healthy ingredient, it is useful to the body and extremely sweet. This is exactly the genuine and low in calories solution that I propose you today. It’s always time to enjoy a slice of healthy naturally sweet and cruelty-free dessert!
This is a soft and velvety dessert that I have prepared to celebrate the arrival in my new house. It was perfect for this new beginning, where creativity and kindness should never be missing. Although many are convinced of the contrary, a vegan option is the best choice to never give up anything!
Prep 25 mins | Cook 65 mins | Total 70 mins | Portion 8
- 3 precooked beetroots
- 360 ml unsweetened vegetable milk
- 250 g spelt flour
- 240 g vegan bitter chocolate
- 160 g almond flour
- 70 g flaxseed flour
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 75 ml seed oil
- 50 g bitter chocolate powder
- 17 g baking powder (you can mix créme of tartar and baking soda)
- Some oil to stain the baking tray
- In a kitchen mixer, blend the beetroos and reduce them to a pulp.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and combine the beetroot pulp with it, then add vegetable milk, sugar, oil and mix to make a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients (spelt flour, flaxseed flour, almond flour, cocoa and baking powder), pour the liquid mixture in it and start stirring with a whisk avoiding to form lumps and until the dough is smooth and homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture into a round or square baking tray (about 23 cm in diameter) and bake it in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the cake is finely cooked.
- Test if the cake is ready with a toothpick, then take out from the oven.
- Let it cool and then serve.
- Decorate and stuff the cake with some chocolate cream or vegan Nutella.