In the kitchen it is important to explore the dishes of distant lands, but often we feel the need to be overwhelmed by our own tradition and, in Italy, what could be more typical of a warm and creamy risotto? This recipe can be prepared with many ingredients, but here I propose it with a vegetable that contains a high quantity of water, therefore, it has purifying properties and is an excellent ally against constipation: chicory, for an irresistible, yet healthy, light and totally vegan lunch!
Prep Cook 35 mins | Total 45 min | Portion 2
- About 170 g of Arborio Rice
- 200 g of Chicory
- 1 l of vegetable broth
- 20 ml of White Wine
- 1 Shallot
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 80 g of Almonds
- 20 g of Parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Olio Evo
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Salt to taste.
- Finely chop almonds, parsley, garlic and shallots. Cut the chicory into strips. (Attention: set aside some pieces for decoration)
- In a pan, toast the chopped almonds until golden brown and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the two tablespoons of oil and fry the shallot for about three minutes or until it is soft and golden. Add the garlic, the chicory and salt to taste. Cook everything over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until the chicory has softened, turning regularly.
- Meanwhile, heat the previously prepared broth.
- Add the rice to the chicory and mix well.
- Simmer the rice with the white wine and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Once the wine has evaporated, begin to incorporate a ladle of broth.
- Add broth, each time the liquid dries, until cooked. (Attention: it will take about 20 minutes, the rice will be quite soft, thick and creamy).
- Season with salt and add a pinch of pepper, almonds and parsley, stirring well with the heat off.
- Decorate with pieces of raw chicory and serve hot.