Yeast-Free, Spelt Pizza
Warmth scent of wheat and fire, crisp crust and soft bread crumbles: it is common to find baked products at everybody’s table.
No one would never give up the taste of a warm loaf, bought by the wood oven bakery in front of your house, but you should be aware that the yeast is damaging to your bodies. Bloating, indigestion, weakness: they are some of the symptoms that can be caused by such food. In fact, the yeast weakens the intestinal flora, avoiding the proper absorption of nutrients, which are numerous in food and increases the risk of infections (such as yeast infection or candida).
The same is for refined flours, obtained by industrial milling process. In this way, we consume a long-life product, rich in sugar, which removes all the nutrients of the grain of wheat (germ and bran).
It would be fair to avoid these products, or even delete them from everybody’s diet. Nowadays, it’s easy to find alternative flours and yeast free recipes. For tonight’s dinner, for example, you could try a spelt pizza without yeast and fresh vegetables.
Let’s take care of ourselves!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 g spelt flour;
- 300 ml warm water;
- 3 tea spoons of extra virgin olive oil;
- 2 tea spoons of baking soda;
- A pinch of salt;
- 2 courgettes – roundly cut;
- 2 carrot- roughly cut;
- 200 g mushrooms –cut in 4 parts;
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped;
- Just enough rosemary.
- On a baking pan covered with baking paper, place the chopped vegetables, spread garlic, onion, fresh rosemary, pepper, a tablespoon of olive oil, 2 pinches of salt and mix;
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 180°;
- Pour warm water into a bowl, baking soda, 2 pinches of salt and stir;
- Add the flour and start kneading. Turn the dough on a lightly floured surface, add a tablespoon of oil and knead for at least 10 minutes;
- Create a dough ball and put it to rise into a large bowl in a dry place for 20 minutes;
- Divide the dough into smaller balls and with the help of a rolling pin, stretch out them;
- Put the pizza base into a lightly oiled baking paper;
- Bake for 15 minutes in the oven at 180°;
- Stuff pizza with grilled vegetables which you can previously cooked.
- If you want a taste alike pizza you can use instead of vegetables, tomato and vegan mozzarella cheese;
- This pizza base is great as starter, and it is delicious if stuffed with fresh and mixed salad.
Indian salad with asparagus |Vegan recipe
Nice things, unfortunately, need to be earned. If money is the reward for physical fatigue, the brief moments of relaxation are still a lifeline for our precarious spirituality.
This is a period full of work, the major challenge of Summer that we deserve. However, for today, we feel happy with a tasty and healthy lunch: asparagus, spring onions, turmeric, paprika, ginger, pepper and lemon, all stir-fried, for a fresh Indian flavours inspired salad.
So, abound with asparagus, vegetables rich in nutritional and beneficial properties, such as vegetable fibres, folic acid, vitamins, mineral salts. They are able to purify our body and prevent diseases, such as cancer or type 2 diabetes. We need to learn how to take care of ourselves, being even stronger to face new weeks and getting ready for the dress rehearsal!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 200 g asparagus
- 3 g turmeric powder;
- 5 spring onions;
- 3 g paprika powder;
- 2 g black pepper powder;
- 1 fresh pepper;
- Just enough extra virgin olive oil;
- Some lemon juice;
- Ginger- minced.
- Wash and chop asparagus into 2 cm pieces, then cut the tops;
- Remove with a knife the outer layer of summer onions. Remove the toughest green part too and slice the white part you will use later;
- In a frying pan heat up some oil, paprika, pepper, turmeric powder and fresh pepper. Mix well them and cook for 2 minutes;
- Add the spring onions and combine them with spices, stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown;
- Add the asparagus, lemon juice and ginger, mix with the other ingredients and simmer gently for 4-5 minutes;
- Serve on a slice of toasted bread.
- This dish is ideal if you have guests for lunch and no time. It is a perfect appetizer to start special lunches or dinners;
- It can also be used as seasoning for rice;
- Quickly simmer vegetables combined with spices so they will keep their magnificent beneficial properties.
Chickpea flour and broccoli pancakes
This recipe is a wonderful start to your week! It is an excellent choice, both for lunch or even for dinner. It is high in protein and totally veggie (as all my recipes) and very easy to prepare.
These pancakes are excellent served both hot or cold, and it is an ideal dish you can made in no time if you want to surprise your friends! Another good thing is that this dish is all but predictable, since it is tasty as well as not very common.
So, you just have to take notes of ingredients and preparation method.
Serves: 4 people
- 300 gr chickpea flour
- 300 gr Fresh Broccoli
- A cup of water
- An onion
- Black pepper (just enough)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A cup of natural soy yoghurt
- A pinch of salt
- Parsley (just enough)
- Lemon juice
- 100 gr red savoy cabbage salad
Chickpea flour and curcuma powder can be find in any supermarket with no difficulty. They are popular ingredients in Indian and Middle Eastern food, so it is very easy to buy if you need them.
- Combine cold water with chickpea flour in a container;
- Wash and drain broccoli and the onion. Mix them up in a food processor or in a blender;
- Add some turmeric, some black pepper, salt and parsley in the mixture. Continue mincing it;
- Add the vegetables to chickpea flour
- Eventually add some extra virgin olive oil to the mixture;
- Heat a non – stick pan. Pour a spoonful of pancake batter into the pan and spread it to form a pancake (exactly as sweet pancakes);
- Chop up finely red savoy cabbage salad and flavour it with some salt. Let it stand for 30 about minutes.
Cook your pancakes for around 2 minutes on medium heat. Cook the other side for a while. When you finish cooking, let them chill. Garnish them with some yoghurt and seasoned red cabbage salad (as side dish).
Enjoy this delicious yummy recipe! ♥