Sugar-Free Rosmary and Lemon Muffin
Spices are a very important element in the kitchen, because they give intensity and flavour to food. They can even completely modify tasteless dishes. In my kitchen, in fact, I have built a small shelf which I filled with jars of different spices that are full of colors, smells and goodness.
For today’s recipe I decided to use a spice which is full of many benefits: the rosemary. This herb is good for the brain, it has a flavour that reduces stress and improves mood, it contrasts halitosis, it keeps skin younger and protects the liver. Many people use this ingredient only for salty preparations. To tell the truth, it is also perfect for sweet dishes, as in the case of these soft and fragrant muffins, with a special and inviting flavor.
Let’s do aromatherapy while cooking!
Ingredients for 6 muffins:
- 140 g hulled wheat flour
- 70 ml agave syrup
- 100 ml sugar free soy milk
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- ½ tea spoon baking soda
- 1 table spoon apple vinegar
- 1 organic lemon
- Some fresh rosemary leaves
- In a bowl, mix the flour with some grated lemon peel.
- Pour soy milk little by litte and then some oil. While doing it, start to mix with a whisk or a cake spatula, paying attention to avoid lumps.
- When the mixture becomes smoother and more homogeneous, add apple vinegar and baking soda.
- Add agave syrup and mix it well until you get a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Add a handful of finely chopped rosemary
- Pour the mixture into 6 muffin pans and cook in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about 25 minutes
- Test if they are cooked with a toothpick, put out from the oven and let them slighly cool.
- Serve them.
- Enjoy them served with a rosemary infusion.
- Add some more spices if you want.