Celery Gratin – Vegan Recipes
Taste, lightness and simplicity are the main features you look for in a summer dish. We often lose time preparing difficult recipes and in the selection of a great number of ingredients, without thinking that the solution is just in our fridge, within other ingredients that never lack in the kitchen, but are always underestimated: celery, for instance.
You certainly crunched it during a snack, or you have used it as a seasoning, or maybe you have added it to salads and drinks, but have you ever thought of using it for preparing a very delicate and easy main course?
This vegetable is rich in fiber and vitamin C, it strengthens the immune system, it lowers cholesterol and improves digestion. Moreover it is low in calories and increases the feeling of fullness. If you think, farmers are used to give it away, together with some bunch of parsley, at the fruit and vegetable markets.
Today, I am going to prepare gratiné baked celeries: let us be surprised once again by the simplicity of the Nature
Recipe for 4-5 people:
- 4 celeries;
- 1 big golden onion;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 500 ml vegetable broth;
- Some parsley;
- Just enough vegan Parmesan cheese
- Just enough breadcrumbs;
- A pinch of salt;
- A pinch of pepper;
- Remove celery leaves and wash them.
- Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Chop parsley.
- Put vegetable broth over the heat.
- In a baking tray place celery and cover with onion, garlic and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour celery with some hot broth.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190°C for about 50 minutes.
- Later, cover with vegan parmesan cheese and sprinkle some breadcrumbs. Then, bake again for about 10 minutes, to form a golden crust.
- My advice: You can eat them both hot or cold.
The recipe can be varied with vegan béchamel sauce or cheese, but the original recipe is much lighter and delicate!