Pasta salad with avocado| Vegan recipe
My house is blooming. I smell scent of lavender, daisy and sunflower. Last Sunday we dropped by the amazing Flower Market on Columbia Road and, as always, I didn’t resist to all those colourful tonalities and infinite pleasant scents. We came back home with a handful of Spring in our hands and now my living room looks like the mirror of my emotions and at the same time you can feel in the air the desire to sink down in multi-coloured fields.
An old blanket, a poetry book and a basket full of delicious food: today we will have a picnic under the shade of an oak tree. I will serve a cold pasta salad with avocado, cherry tomatoes, basil, mint and other flavouring. This dish is the protagonist of my day and it looks like a floral arrangement. I am enjoying it while I am reading Neruda’s poems and I keep quiet when tasting my pasta.
“Here I love you.
Here I love you and the horizon hides you in vain.
I love you still among these cold things” (P. Neruda)
Let’s enjoy the Sun. We will blooming as love poems.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 400 gr of Italian pasta;
- 2 not too much ripe avocados cut into chunks;
- 20 cherry tomatoes. Cut them into 2 parts;
- Some mint leaves;
- 200 gr of roughly cut basil;
- A table spoon of fennel seeds;
- Some lemon juice;
- Just enough pepper;
- Just enough extra virgin olive oil;
- 200 gr of basil;
- 1 chopped garlic clove;
- 1/5 onion finely chopped;
- 1 table spoon 100% maple syrup;
- A pinch of salt;
- Just enough balsamic vinegar.
- Cook the pasta, drain it “al dente” and pass it under cold water to stop the cooking process, then put it into a bowl;
- Stir cherry tomatoes together with basil, mint, garlic, onion, pepper, lemon juice, fennel seeds, maple syrup, vinegar, oil and salt: mix well all the ingredients and let it marinate for about 30 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally;
- Add the seasoning to the pasta, add avocado and stir it well;
- Serve it cold.